Recommendation 195 concerning human resource development – education, training and lifelong learning – has 11 chapters including:
- development and implementation of education and training policies
- education and pre-employment training
- development of competencies
- training for decent work and social inclusion
- framework for the recognition and certification of skills
- training roviders
- career guidance and training support
- international and technical cooperation.
Members agreed through social dialogue to formulate, apply and review national human resource development, education and training, and lifelong learning policies which are consistent with economic, fiscal and social policies. Career guidance is positioned as central to national HRD policies.