WELCOME to the website of the International Centre for Career Development and Public Policy.
The primary purpose of this website is to provide you the visitor with a variety of career guidance policy materials to help you in your role as policy developer, ministry official, international organisation and international association official, national or regional careers service manager, researcher, trainer of guidance practitioners, or leader of a national or regional career guidance professional association.
ICCDPP facilitates and promotes international policy sharing and learning through the international exchange of knowledge and information concerning public policy and career development issues.
The site contains many types of documents in different languages from different corners of the world that link career guidance with public policies for education, vocational training, employment, and other social policy fields.
2017 International Symposium
Recent research in Ireland on the impact of government cutbacks in investment in career guidance in schools show that students …
This very readable article from the New York Times highlights some of the mix of human, chance, economic and …
This national strategy document has been prepared jointly by the Department of Employment and Learning and the Department of Education …
There are several higher education institutions in Ireland that provide training programmes for guidance practitioners, particularly for practitioners who work …
Latest Good Examples
Norway has a population of over 5 million people, spread over 19 counties or administrative areas.
This fiche describes the recent progress being made in the development of a lifelong guidance system in Norway.
Estonia with a population of 1.25 million people has embarked on a very ambitious plan to become an e-country with the project known as e-Estonia. E-services have become routine: e-elections, e-taxes, e-police, e-healthcare, e-banking, e-school, and now e-Residency. Factor into that e-Guidance in the education and labour market sectors!
Established on a pilot basis in 2010, these centres now exist in 30 regions in Finland. Their aim is to provide basic support to youth (aged under 30 years) going through life transitions. The centres have institutional representation from municipal, education, social and health authorities so that young people can find the services or combination of services they need in one physical location. The centre staff provide face to face complementary support to the national telephone helpline.
This example describes the establishment and functioning of the recently established One Stop Lifelong Guidance Centres in Croatia. Their main focus to date has been services for youth.
Browse our library
- GCOE organises lecture on career guidance & counselling - Daily Excelsior May 30, 2016
- Perspective on Career Guidance & Counselling in Nagaland - Morung Express May 30, 2016
- Udupi: SMVIM organizes pre-counselling, career guidance programme - Daijiworld.com May 30, 2016
- Career Guidance Redundancy Programme - TheSequitur.com May 30, 2016
- Sugerencias para los candidatos en estas elecciones - EL DEBATE May 30, 2016
- Reconocidos deportistas que admitieron su sexualidad - ElHeraldo.hn May 30, 2016
- Autoridades no postergarán los JJ. OO. de Rio por el zika - Newsweek en Español (Comunicado de prensa) May 30, 2016
- Alimentación complementaria en lactantes vegetarianos y veganos - El Observador May 30, 2016
- Violência sexual: um caso é denunciado a cada 40 horas no ES - Globo.com May 30, 2016
- Saber Construir Uma Carreira É Primordial Para Garantir O Futuro - Portal Nacional de Seguros May 30, 2016
- Neurocientista defende universidades geridas como empresas: 'É ... - BBC Brasil May 30, 2016
- Vieira da Silva chama Rui Fiolhais para dirigir Instituto da ... - Observador May 30, 2016
- Deuxième vague de coupures dans les services professionnels aux ... - Journal L'Avantage May 30, 2016
- Des élèves en visite dans une asinerie - la Nouvelle République May 30, 2016
- "Bravo les artisans !", disent les collégiens... - Francetv info May 30, 2016
- L'Ecole sénégalaise d'hier à aujourd'hui: De la grandeur à la ... - SenXibaar May 30, 2016
- L'enseignement supérieur français doit se réinventer afin de réduire ... - Le Huffington Post May 30, 2016