WELCOME to the website of the International Centre for Career Development and Public Policy. The primary purpose of this website is to facilitate international policy sharing and learning through the international exchange of knowledge and information concerning public policy and career development issues. The site contains many types of documents from different corners of the world linking career guidance and public policies for education, vocational training, employment, and social policy fields.
Its intended users are policy developers, national authorities, international institutions, managers of career guidance delivery agencies, leaders of national and international associations of guidance practitioners, researchers, and trainers of guidance practitioners.
2017 International Symposium
This national strategy document has been prepared jointly by the Department of Employment and Learning and the Department of Education …
There are several higher education institutions in Ireland that provide training programmes for guidance practitioners, particularly for practitioners who work …
An independent Law School in California is being sued by a former graduate for inflating employment data for its graduates …
Guidelines for Policies and Systems Development for Lifelong Guidance: A Reference Framework for the EU and for the Commission
These EU Guidelines, produced by the European Lifelong Guidance Policy Network (ELGPN) provide an agreed reference framework on policies and …
Latest Good Examples
Norway has a population of over 5 million people, spread over 19 counties or administrative areas.
This fiche describes the recent progress being made in the development of a lifelong guidance system in Norway.
Estonia with a population of 1.25 million people has embarked on a very ambitious plan to become an e-country with the project known as e-Estonia. E-services have become routine: e-elections, e-taxes, e-police, e-healthcare, e-banking, e-school, and now e-Residency. Factor into that e-Guidance in the education and labour market sectors!
Established on a pilot basis in 2010, these centres now exist in 30 regions in Finland. Their aim is to provide basic support to youth (aged under 30 years) going through life transitions. The centres have institutional representation from municipal, education, social and health authorities so that young people can find the services or combination of services they need in one physical location. The centre staff provide face to face complementary support to the national telephone helpline.
This example describes the establishment and functioning of the recently established One Stop Lifelong Guidance Centres in Croatia. Their main focus to date has been services for youth.
Browse our library
- 'Encourage children to participate in career guidance activities' - Graphic Online May 5, 2016
- Foster kids to get career guidance - IllinoisHomePage.net May 4, 2016
- Government, Law & National Security Program hosts career guidance panel for students - Misericordia University May 4, 2016
- KDPSS organises career guidance programme - Morung Express May 4, 2016
- Declararon inimputable a una mujer que quemó viva a su pareja - LaCapital.com.ar May 6, 2016
- San Martín: Ofrecen 400 empleos formales para población - Diario Correo May 6, 2016
- Romper estigmas en un ejercicio de justicia y equidad social - Granma Internacional May 6, 2016
- De cada 10 alumnos de secundaria, 2 no llegan a la prepa - Sipse.com May 5, 2016
- Senado aprova projeto de lei elaborado por 'jovem senador' da ... - NE10 May 5, 2016
- para jovens UEM oferece orientação vocacional gratuita - odiario.com May 5, 2016
- Escola Profissional de Tomar abre portas à comunidade - Cidade de Tomar May 5, 2016
- Prefeitura de Pinhais promove palestra sobre orientação profissional - Município de Toledo May 4, 2016
- Le problème n'est pas que Hollande n'a pas de récit, c'est qu'il n'est ... - Slate.fr May 6, 2016
- 2017 : l'entreprise en première ligne - Les Échos May 6, 2016
- Calendrier des compositions Nouria Benghebrit donne carte ... - El Watan May 5, 2016
- L'inspection : quel avenir ? - Mediapart May 5, 2016
- Un premier bilan de la refondation de l'école - Actualitté.com May 5, 2016